It’s late. You’re almost in bed. You hear a window break in the other room. What do you do? You hear more breaking glass and then footfalls... Somebody is in your home.
Your body’s alarm response fires up. Your heart is racing, you breathing increases, your vision and focus are narrowing. Now you can’t tell exactly what you’re hearing.
If you have family in the house you have to find them. Once you’ve found them, do you sit tight or leave? How do you navigate? How do you move around corners, in and out of doorways, or down the hall? How does one person mitigate the risks and limit their exposure to the places an intruder could be hiding?
This course is an introduction to how to begin addressing these questions. It is a foundational course and IS PHYSICALLY DEMANDING.
DISCLAIMER: This course is designed to INTENTIONALLY induce stress and is physically demanding. If you have a health condition, please consult with your provider before registering for this course to make sure is appropriate for you. For example, if you have:
- Photo-sensitivity or Seizures
- Heart Conditions
- Anxiety or Panic Disorders
Or any that were not mentioned, please speak with your provider before registering for this course to make sure it is appropriate for you.
When in doubt, get clearance first.
- Handgun 101
- Handgun 102 (preferred, but not required)
- BAR: Body Alarm Response
- How BAR hinders clear thinking
- Analyses of structure and room shapes
- When cover isn’t an option: How to use concealment
- Purpose of room clearing
- Overview of methodologies
- How to clear rooms alone: One-man room clearing
- Flashlight Implementation
- Movement practical rehearsal
- Force on Paper
- Force on Force
Recommended equipment: PLEASE BRING
- Notepad & Pen/Pencil
- Sturdy footwear
- Clothing for outdoor temperatures - Please remember it is November.
- Knee pads
- Flashlight (a flashlight will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Please do not bring your firearm.
Provided equipment etc.:
- Training munitions pistol conversions and frames (no need to bring your gun)
- Training ammunition
- Weapon-mounted light
- Protective gear for head, face, neck and groin
- Hot lunch with drinks - If you have a food allergy please contact us immediately following registration so we can accomodate you.
- Date: Saturday, 14 November 2020
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to arrive at 8:15 for paperwork.
- Address:79 Sunrise Hill Rd, Cornish NH 03745